Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Zoe: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Indian girl: I want to be....something like a foreigner


The indefatigable rain has stopped, and has been replaced by the indefatigable heat. I'm not sure if this is the correct use of that word...indefatigable, or whether it's allowed to be used twice in one sentence.

Cake cutting:

Whenever anyone has a birthday, there is a "cake cutting." It involves an overly large, and very overly sweet cake. LIke 5 Star Chocolate, the kids love it. Unlike 5 Star Chocolate, I'm unable to avoid it. As the "guest of honor" at many a cake cutting, I often receive the largest piece of all, representing about 90% of my daily caloric requirements. I have to eat at least part of it, because it would be considered a terrible offense if I didn't. When I first ate Indian cake I could barely stomach it, but with each cake cutting ( it becomes more and more palatable. When I return, not only will I be speaking "Indian English," but I'll also be craving Indian cake!

And....the cake. It looks much more menacing in person, I promise.


You think I look excited to eat that giant piece of sugar and fat....but I'm really thinking of all the Nutella that I could be eating.


Now THAT is genuine excitement. Notice the double-handed method. Much more efficient.


After the massacre. Not even a crumb was spared.

1 comment:

  1. Guess who has Nutella....... that's right.

    Be jealous.

    Yay for pictures! Maybe I should try using that contraption again people like to call a "camera".

    Or studying. That might be a good idea too.

    ReplyDelete