Monday, September 20, 2010

Ok, so here it is. My blog is officially exhumed from the semi-dead.

Now...what to write about. Always the problem.

It amazes me that the word "actor" and "actress" have been completely replaced by "hero" and "heroine" in India...or at least for these children. It also amazes me that very small children, who can barely speak English, know the word "heroine."

There was "thing" in my shower today that I think was some prehistoric lizard/grasshopper. Whatever it was, it was very scary. I have a problem killing scary things because I hate the crunching sound, and I can't bring myself to get near enough to rescue them and take them outside.

Solution? Fear every minute in the shower while it crawls around, slowly drowning in the water. I then realize that I'm a complete sadist and I feel terribly for my prehistoric friend. I mean, maybe we could've been friends! But now he's dead, and still belly-up in the shower.

I think I'll have a funeral for him tomorrow. I'll invite some children, and we'll all say a few nice words. He was a "hero"--I know it.

Ok...so perhaps this blog wasn't as mind-blowing as promised, but I have to warm up. And the death of my friend was really bothering me.




1 comment:

  1. My favorite way to scoop up a dead freaky looking bug is to use two pieces of paper, making a sort of funnel/ dust pan out of one, then a "broom" out of the other. Then I run madly to the nearest outside trash can for disposal.

    Ahhh living with giant bugs. Not my fave.

    What kind of heroes or heroines do these children have?

    ReplyDelete