Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My birthday was quite wonderful. I received some really, realllllly wonderful cards from the children at school, a new (custom made!!) punjabi, and a sari!!! Too much from all my wonderful friends!

Presents that can't be bought are sometimes the best...


When I figure out how to wear the sari, I'll post pictures... it might take a while.

I find it ever so satisfying writing on a chalkboard with chalk. The kids find it ever so amusing that I'm left-handed.

Today, in school I was without an "assistant" in my 4th grade class. Read: chaos. So, I got angry.

Yes, ZOE was angry. I yelled and they were quiet for about 27 seconds. The chaos resumed. I yelled some more. Yelling was proving ineffective.

So, I left. For about two minutes. When I was done fuming and pacing, I returned, and lectured them about respect and being quiet. They were perfect.

Instilling fear is quite a rush, I must say. I could be a hard ass if I wanted to be....

It's been quite hot lately. HOT. Until the heavens pour. It's cool for about ten minutes before the rain, and you see these really dark, menacing clouds quickly build. Then it rains like you wouldn't believe, for about half an hour, leaving behind lakes and promoting the spread of typhoid, malaria, and this mysterious "fever" which all Indians seem to have this time of year...
Lake after the rain...this is literally after only half and hour....

No comments:

Post a Comment